Friday, August 5, 2011

Now What?

OK, it's been a while since I posted anything. Now I am ready to be all that I am.

First, I am using my real name, instead of my alias. At this point, I have nothing to lose. I no longer work for my former organization, and in all honesty, I really, REALLY don't care anymore. Second, and this is most important, one has to stand for something, lest they fall for anything.

With that, now what? Well, marriage equality is going to happen, whether folks want it to or not. Take that and smoke it. For all the people claiming to believe in "traditional marriage", what does that mean? FYI - what you define as traditional has only been in existence for approximately 200 years. In the grand scheme of things, that's a new fangled idea. In the not so distant past, marriage was based on how many wives a man could support, and how many children (especially boys) he could sire in order to work his fields. This whole "one wife for life" idea? Victorian.

So, now what? In a word, get over it. ALL people will be able to join together legally. And for the love of all that is logical, don't start equating same gendered marriage with polygamy. To do such really, REALLY cheapens the argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment